The first thing I looked at was joglab.com. It helps you create mnemonic and acrostic poems.
You put in the letter or letters and it will supply you with a list of words to choose from. If you think of your own and it isn’t there, you can write it in the bottom.
I made one for helping students remember the diagraphs. – gn, kn, ck, wr, wh, th, ph, sh, ch
Gnomes knit socks wrong while they phone short children
The next tool I looked at was Bubbl.us is a brainstorming tool. It lets you easily make a web with the information that you create. It lets you create different levels.

Both of these tools were very easy to learn to use and would be fun and useful in the classroom.
I have used Bubbl.us before--cool tool! Thanks for the reminder. I will have to check it out again.
ReplyDelete