Wordle- I had seen Wordle before, but had never used it. I made a wordle with my students names. Wordle was a lot of fun to do. You can change the fonts and the colors. This is a tool that I think the general classroom teachers would find many uses for.
http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/1950495/sunbel
Animoto- This was very entertaining. I signed up and within about 10 minutes put together a slide show of my daughter, Melinda’s, wedding. It was very easy. This would be a fun thing to use in class after special events such as field trips or special projects.
Flashcard exchange- I have been using flashcard exchange for several years. It is so easy to use. I currently use it with a 6th grade girl that I tutor. We put her social studies and science vocabulary on the website. We then download it to an app on her iPod. She is then able to study the words in a more motivating way then the old fashioned flashcards. I also recently downloaded the Fry phrases from their website. These are phrases from the Fry list of most common words. I can then use them on my iPod with my first graders once we get a few more phrases that they know for sure.
Comiqs- I wasn’t able to get very far with this website, but from what I saw I could see that students would love using it. I have a few students who love the graphic novels. This website would be a great extension of those types of books.
No comments:
Post a Comment